Saturday, May 22, 2010

MYSTERY QUILT DAY

Another day, another quilt. The quilters were asked to sew squares together, and many were thinking - is that it? By 4 oclock the first was ready to start marking their work. There was fear, there was "but I quite like it like this", there were complaints, but like troopers they followed the instructions. Armed with scissors, first cuts were made, first and second rows were sewn with threats of death or expulsion if any one of them went near the iron, and suddenly there was calm and oohs and aahs. First two rows of the big reveal. Nobody got the centre finished, but everybody could see where their fabric and design were going to take them. I hope to see centres finished by next quilt day ladies!! Here is one I prepared earlier.






Good news is, they all seemed to like the results and were spurred on to get cutting and stitching. This is the worst part of working the details of a Mystery Quilt, will everybody be happy with my plan? Will the reveal result in participants packing up there and then and going home!

Busy at work, making row after row....





Liz from Teddlywinks with her coffee confection...


Vicki did this....



Friday was a family birthday, so of course there was cake...



and kitchen carnage.....



And Norman giving his best "what" look.


I was just amazed he was in the same room as all of us.
My computer keeps telling me that my "c" drive is just about full, so I guess this week there will be some cleaning of the computer to be done, better go and see if I can find my external hard drive and get backing up!!
Bye for now.
Sue

2 comments:

  1. Hi Suzann,

    Just visiting after reading Liz's blog. I just love what you have done with those charm squares :) Your quilt looks fabulous.

    Hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of these quilt tops. I really want to learn how to do that. I suppose that it would work with precut moda packs?
    I just had to drop by and see your blog. You totally lured me in with your blog name - any thing to do with tiramisu gets my attention every time!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you, just so I know I am not talking to myself - the cat is tired and so is the dog!