Saturday, October 25, 2014

Sweet 16 Quilting Machine - Couching




Have you got the couching set yet for the Sweet 16?    Really easy once you get going.   I have made a short video to show how to set up the yarn for couching.   You will see lots of demo's with the yarn laying on the quilt top.   This idea gets it out of the way and the flow is continuous and unhindered.   You can purchase a yarn/wool winder from Ebay - buy one with a cone system so you can stand it on the machine and out of the way.

Have a look at the video and let me know how you go.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD5YTb9Qvaw


You can see I have added a rather large hook - one of those 3m type picture hangers - it was the only one I had floating around when I tried this out.   A much smaller version will do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, just so I know I am not talking to myself - the cat is tired and so is the dog!