Monday, September 30, 2019

BEES - LIQUID GOLD


Each year, Lilydale Show has a theme.    Last year it was bees.  So I studied bees, their hives, their lives - they are fascinating little critters - and I set to work to create Liquid Gold.     I wanted metallics, glitter, crystals.   I wanted it to be subtle, but with my penchant for sparkle!   I do love some sparkle.    

Fabric was painted with metallic paints for the honeycomb, assorted tulles, laces and any glittery fabrics I could find were auditioned.    A black background seemed harsh, so a golden lace was overlaid.    Next came the honeycomb.    

 Holographic tulle was chopped and appliqued to represent pollen.    Bees were digitized - some fixed wing, some free standing for a 3d effect.   
 The queen, the largest of them was positioned followed by the drones and the smaller worker bees.



Flower layouts were trialled.



































And then it was done!


Sue xxx    

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you, just so I know I am not talking to myself - the cat is tired and so is the dog!